What You Need To Know About
Kidnapping Charges In California
WHAT ARE KIDNAPPING CHARGES?
Kidnapping is broken into two main categories:
1. Simple kidnapping – moving another person, without their consent with the use of force or fear.
2. Aggravated kidnapping (more serious of the two) – moving another person, without their consent with the use of fear, force, or fraud and:
- – Victim is held for ransom
- – Victim is under 14 years of age
- – You take the victim during a carjacking, or
- – Cause the victim to suffer severe bodily harm or death
POSSIBLE DEFENSES AGAINST A KIDNAPPING CHARGE
There are a number of defenses that may apply to your case. Here are some of the common ones:
- Movement was not far enough to qualify as a kidnapping
- Alleged victim consented to being moved
- You were falsely accused
If you have been charged with kidnapping, call Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer Ese Omofoma, to discuss your matter.
We Are Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers
Ese Omofoma is recognized as a top criminal defense lawyer and received a Clients’ Choice Award in 2015.Voted by clients and attorneys on Avvo.com24/7 Free Case Evaluation: (213) 455-4050
Schedule your free case evaluation today!
Mondays through Sundays
24/7 Free Case Review
555 West 5th Street, 35th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone & Email