What You Need To Know About
Drug Related Charges in California
POSSESSION OR INTENT TO SELL DRUGS
In California, individuals who possess a large quantity of controlled substances with the intent to sell are charged with drug possession with intent to sell.
Examples of common controlled substances that are regulated under Health & Safety Code 11351 include (but are not limited to):
- – Opiates and opiate derivatives,
- – Heroin,
- – Cocaine,
- – Peyote,
- – Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), and
- – Some hallucinogenic substances.
Note: CA Health & Safety Code 11350, which is drug possession for personal use, is a lesser offense of CA Health & Safety Code 11351.
YOUR LEGAL DEFENSES TO DRUG CHARGES
There are a number of defenses that may apply to your case. Here are some of the common ones:
- You did not have the intent to sell the drugs
- You did not actually possess the drugs
- There was an illegal search and/or seizure of the place where the drugs were found
- You lacked knowledge of the drugs presence
If you have been charged with drug possession with the intent to sell or other drug and narcotic crimes, call Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer Ese Omofoma, to discuss your matter.
We Are Experienced Drug Offense Lawyers
Ese Omofoma is recognized as a top criminal defense lawyer and received a Clients’ Choice Award in 2015.Voted by clients and attorneys on Avvo.com24/7 Free Case Evaluation: (213) 455-4050
Schedule your free case evaluation today!
Mondays through Sundays
24/7 Free Case Review
555 West 5th Street, 35th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone & Email