What You Need To Know About
Child Endangerment Charges In California
WHAT ARE CHILD ENDANGERMENT CHARGES?
In California, you can be found guilty of Child Endangerment if you:
- – Cause or permit a child to suffer unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering,
- – Willfully cause or permit a child in your care to be injured, or
- – Willfully cause or permit a child to be placed in a dangerous situation.
Unlike the California crime of Child Abuse, a Child Endangerment conviction does not require that the child suffer an actual injury.
POSSIBLE DEFENSES AGAINST CHILD ENDANGERMENT CHARGES
There are a number of defenses that may apply to your case. Here are some of the common ones:
- You were disciplining your child within your rights and acted reasonably
- You did not intentionally “endanger” the child
- You were falsely accused
If you have been charged with child endangerment, call Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer Ese Omofoma, to discuss your matter.
We Are Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers
Ese Omofoma is recognized as a top criminal defense lawyer and received a Clients’ Choice Award in 2015.Voted by clients and attorneys on Avvo.com24/7 Free Case Evaluation: (213) 455-4050
Schedule your free case evaluation today!
Mondays through Sundays
24/7 Free Case Review
555 West 5th Street, 35th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone & Email